Thursday, March 30, 2006

IN THE DARK

Satan, our enemy, is always working. He seeks, He roams, He accuses, he attacks, he lies, and fear is his prized vehicle. It didn't take long for the enemy to attack my husband and I in the midst of our newest blessing. Darius and I moved in with no problems and were already in love with our spacious and homey surroundings. After having a wonderful weekend in the house, We realized Monday evening that our electricity was turned off? It took a while for me to catch on because it was still day light outside, but after the oven wouldn't turn on I thought wait a minute its awful still in this house? I called my husband and of course he was baffled because he'd taken care of this a month in advance with the electric company to make sure something like this would not happen. Upon contacting them, we found out they needed a large deposit(which wasn't told to us when we set it up)but my Husband thought whatever, we want our electricity back on so he paid it immediately over the phone, only to find out that it didn't matter! It was going to take them 3 days to have our electricity turned back on. We tried everything to get them to move on that policy but nothing worked and when the dust settled we had to go through. What a damper the enemy was trying to place on our blessing. The sun had gone down and it was growing dark quickly. The food in our fridge was starting to get warm, we had to pack it all up and drive it down our friends house. I could see the frustration and disappointment all over my husband. He had been looking forward to and so excited about moving in. He had been elated all weekend. He's a definite home body and this definitely had him in bad mood. I figured I wouldn't make it worse by continuing to accuse him of not handling things right. That night one of our close friends offered for us to stay with them for 3 days so we wouldn't have to be in the Dark, and we were taking him up on his offer. (It felt good to have options.) But as we waited for his wife to answer the door bell and her phone we realized, We should be in our home lights or no lights! What were we doing, I thought as we waited? We were letting Satan chase us out of our new house and running from the dark. We both are Ministers and we're suppose to be leaders in the Church and it just didn't feel right to be running from something like this. We'd only have to do without lights, central heat, and cold drinks(smile) I told my husband that we should leave and he quickly agreed. We both got back in our cars and started back to our new home. As we approached our street and turn the corner the house looked Darker than ever! But we sucked it up and walked in. Everything was still, and kind of cold we lit candles immediately and began to smile. This isn't that bad, I thought, however it was little inconvenient(our smoke doctors went crazy because we had so many candles lit) this world is filled with inconveniences and this one wasn't going to kill us. I began to see so much in the Dark, Satan had convinced us for a brief moment that we weren't going to be able to enjoy our blessing without lights and tried to rain on our entire move in experience, this had even delayed the unpacking of our things! But I'm happy to report that by the second day My husband and I were laughing and cracking jokes and it felt good just being together and in our new home, even in the dark it was still beautiful. Thank God we have a great relationship. We talked more, look through sales papers, talked with our friend & business partner who was still trying to unpack our things by candle light.(we love him he's so dedicated) We also went to bed earlier! And Every morning we woke up early praising and glorifying God "in the Dark." In the Dark he taught us that some trials aren't always as bad as the fear we may have of them. So while I was in the dark I learned that I didn't have anything and that with God nothing is as bad as it could be and that I don't have to be sad. I learned that being in the right attitude makes everything better! This is going to sound strange but I thank God that he allowed us to be in the Dark because without that experience we would not know, what we know now!

1 comment:

Anthony Edward said...

I love it when you said "I learned that being in the right attitude makes everything better." That's so true because we are all going to be inconvenienced, disappointed, and treated unfairly from time to time. But is HOW you go through those time and it's what you gain from those experiences that's really the message God wants us to get. Great post! I'll remember it the next time I find myself in the dark.