Friday, March 03, 2006

Life reveals something new to us everyday. We never really arrive, we're constantly learning and that's one of the things that keeps life interesting for me. I remember when I turned 18 years old, and 19 and then 20, and I'd say hey, I'm grown. "I know a thing or two about life" But looking back, now at the age of 31, I realize I didn't know much of nothing! There's so much cockiness and ignorance that comes with youth that its funny; and the thing, is the only way you'll walk into the some sort of light is through the experiences that life brings you. Remember when you were growing up? Your parents or other grown ups in your life would try and talk to you about "the road they've already traveled" and you just wouldn't listen? We just had to try things for ourselves , do it our way. Foolishness will tell us, just because its happend to them doesn't mean it will happen to me! Youth tells us we are strong enough to avoid "life" and the things that we must go through to be made. But King Solomon stated well in The book of Eccleasties: there's nothing new under the sun? Meaning, there's nothing happening now, that didn't happen from the beginning of time? Oh, I agree that things in this 21st century may have a few twists to them but the way in which they should be approached is still the same. People are People no matter how old the world gets. And none of us have a monoply on a trials. No condition or situation is that unique. There's always going to be someone in this world that has gone through what you're about to face, so much so, they could write a book about it. Experience and aging are defintitely the best teacher and I'm learning so much. I am only 31 years old and it scares me when I look at people in their fifties and sixites that are still learning hard lessons. Some unprovoked and some they bring on themselves, but however it came about they had to learn from them if they wanted to continue growing, and if they want to make it in this world.

You should never come a time when we say,"that's it." I'm too old to learn anything else! If you're alive, you're going to be taught whether you want it or not!
I use to hear the older people say all the time when I was growing up: You think you've gone through something? You think you've seen it all? Baby... Just keep living. And you know what, I'm just beginning to understand what they meant.

Lord. I would like to think that if God bless me to reach my golden years that I would have learned a whole lot about life and people, what a wasted oppourtunity that would be. We are put on this earth to do God's work, his will and to be a help to one another. But if we refuse to learn and turn, we can't help anybody.

I've learned a lot and recently I've learned that it's important to never assume anything, or jump to conclusions. I've learned that its not smart to judge or speak in depth about a matter unless you know the whole story. And even if you know the whole story, you must decide if what you're saying is necessary to who you're saying it to.

I've learned recently to take the time and listen instead of always having to have an opinion and speaking it. (that part is the hardest) those who know me, know I love to talk and I always got something to express. Whether it be one of my many animated facial expressions or one of my fiesty comments! ( It's made me one of the most misunderstood people I know, but I am still learning). I'm learning there's nothing wrong with being me. God made me the way I am, so instead of trying to snuff that out, I'll just use my fiestiness and boldness to preach his word, to witness, and anywhere else it'll fit into his plan.
My lesson for today was, my comments and opinions are not always necessary. Sometimes people want to know what you have to say and other times they just want to talk. They want to be given the chance to be heard and not have a the hearer always anaylzying everything they say. I've learned that all people want is to be loved, heard and respected. If you can offer them this on a regular basis then you will earn the trust, admiration, and respect of even, your worst enemy!

No comments: