Wednesday, January 16, 2008


Job Hunt


Okay. I had another job interview today. This one was much better! It was a small office.(a rapidly growing family business called Veneer Stones)As I pulled up, I didn't notice any office buildings..the parking lot was graveled and there was a trailer, with pallets of custom made stone everywhere? I thought, okay? This should be interesting. I was dressed very professional(in a suit) so I didn't expect this setting at all. As I got out of my car dust was flying all around from the small trucks going in and out of the parking lot.(Did I say this one was better??(lol) just keep reading) Anyway, I though oh-kay? I did say I was tired of corporate America, but this is...I didn't know what to think!(it was a first for me) but I couldn't wait to see where it would lead! (lol)

When I walked in I could see the trailer was set up like a small business office, with smaller corner offices, and individual cubicals. Everyone was running around in jeans, and some in tennis shoes! They all seemed joyful, and the jeans? Huge plus! (I was smiling on the inside) They were transiting into another office building because their previous one had an electrical fire.(I knew something was up) But the jeans they said, has always been apart of their dress code. (Yes!!!)

I really enjoyed this interview. It was very different, more relaxed..it was real. I was interviewed by one of the Owners and Managers.(The manager shares my name!) They both were very down to earth, open and upfront about the business and the position(something corporate rarely is) The position is client services(same as my last) but definitely not corporate. They both said they liked my personality and thought I'd fit in well. The position is brand new, so I'd be the only one in it! They'd give me complete power, and said I could create procedures and build the job manuals as I went along. They repeatedly stressed that the dept was mine, do with it what I wanted as long as the customers were cared for and happy! So I thought, sounds great to me! (I hate to be micro-managed) They asked for my salary range, and I gave it to them. (We talked for over an hour-good sign I guess.) We'll see if they call me back! If they do..that's God's will; If they don't that's God's will too! I will rest in that, because it's definitely how I've been praying. All and All, I know it is God's will that I "not" be broke!

No comments: