Wednesday, July 26, 2006

BOY ARE WE GETTING GUTSY!


For the first time in my life ever, along with 13 other close friends and family members, I tried out for a GAME SHOW! Boy what an experience! Its amazing the things you "never" think of doing until someone challenges you to do so, and once you've done it you wonder why you hadn't tried it sooner? We cheer on other contestants and other peoples families from our living rooms while watching your favorite game show. We're praying, hoping and wishing that they go home with as much as money and prizes as possible! We're excited, frustrated and disgusted depending on the outcome as though we know these people personally! If they make a mistake or display no common sense we say "Boy he or she is dumb, how could they make such a horrible mistake" If that were me I would've done much better!" We judge the people and the show but never really consider auditioning for the shows ourselves. To most every day citizens its fairy tail land, just entertainment for us. We either don't have time, don't know how to go about it, or think "oh I'll never make it" But, every since I served as a supporter on deal or no deal for my sister-n-law as well as trying out for this New game show on Fox, I think completely different when I'm watching these shows. Its a lot harder than it looks at home! There is so much pressure and nervousness that sometimes you can't even think as you usually would. Things that you know you know, just seem to leave your mind!!!!!!!! Because there's actually a real risk on the line. You aren't risking anything at home in your living room, you're not under any pressure to lose or win more money???? So of course its easier for you to make a decision! But let me tell you. When I went to the first audition on Saturday I experienced a feeling like no other. I gained a new respect for people who try out for these shows, make it, and do well! As I began to go through the first round of auditions I was nervous because, I didn't know what to expect? I'M THINKING I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M AT AN audition?? FOR ANYTHING? THIS IS WEIRD! I knew no matter what I did or said, it was up to them. They knew what they were looking for and they had to see that in me. So what are they looking for? If I didn't learn anything else from my ambitious game show hopping, always making a television debut, Sister Cheryl Jackson, I learned that producers love people who are excited! They love people with personality and passion!PRAISE THE LORD, I'M IN LUCK, I'VE BEEN NATURALLY BLESSED WITH AN EXCITING PERSONALITY!!!!! : )))) Now, how much or how little I show was the question? So, I think... "I don't want to go into overkill and they think I'm insane and I don't want to hold back either as to short change my self(that would make me feel really bad).
So what do I do?
Child, I didn't figure that out until I was standing directly in front of these people asking me to Go! And when it was over they told me they would be calling me back for round Two!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy... It worked! I can't believe it, it worked. CJ knows what she's talking about(here resume is obvious). At the round two audtions on Sunday, I was not as nervous. I went in there being who Chan was at the ceiling of her excitement, I didn't whole anything back! I was my self, when I'm really excited? And I shared with them as much as I could think of while being put on the spot. (and if they didn't like that it was going to be too bad because that's who I was and it was all I knew to give considering the lateness of the hour)But they were laughing and they seemed to like me, so I felt good about the audtion. Later My Sister Cheryl told me I did an awesome job and they did really like me. I felt even better, and thought WOW, even if I don't make it I did it and it went well! Yes! Because of this experience I don't think I'll ever be afraid to try anything else. Thanks SIS! (STAY TUNED FOR PARTS TWO,THREE,FOUR, AND MAYBE FIVE)! BECAUSE THEY'VE ALREADY SENT MY CRAZY HUSBANDS AUDTION TAPE, AND MY CRAZY FRIENDS AUDITION TAPE TO LA, AND ITS BEING VIEWED BY THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Church, Our Charity, Our Friends and Family could be very Rich in the next couple of months!!!!!!!!! Go God, Go!!!!!!!!

No comments: