Monday, August 28, 2006



PROMISE KEPT

Today's Monday and this morning I didn't get out of bed until a half hour before I'm scheduled to leave for work! "Great", I tell my self. Not a good way to begin my week. Immediately I began to feel a tired and mundane spirit fall on me. In my mind, I'm thinking another Monday, another week, Lord help me I just want to stay at home. As I rush to get ready with only 10 minutes of prayer on my knees, I shook my head in disappointment, and then hurried out the door. As I backed out of my garage and began rushing up the street I looked up and notice that from one end of the sky to a point directly in front of me was the biggest, brightest, prettiest rainbow I had seen in a long time! "WoooooW, that's beautiful" I thought, while smiling, and waiting at the Red light. I paid more attention to this Rainbow today, more than I ever had in the past. There were three colors only, but very wide; the colorswere Blue, Mauve and Yellow. As I continued to study the rainbow, I couldn't help but think how alive God is! I could've stayed at that red light little longer, because the rainbow had transformed my entire mood! I could not stop smiling as I focused on it. I began to remember the promise that God made to all man kind after the floods of Noah that he would never distroy the earth by water again, and said to them he would put a bow in the sky as a reminder of this promise! How long ago was That? We are talking a promise made in the beginning of time, and God is still keeping that promise, even though many people don't appreciate it or even notice,God still keeps this promise. And that's good news any day of the week! Even on a Monday.

No comments: